| |

Satellite Imagery Confirms Myanmar Atrocities

Those interested in the situation in [tag]Myanmar[/tag] (formerly Burma) will be interested in this story from ScienceNOW published by the AAAS. Researchers used high resolution images from commercial satellites to confirm a substantial number of reports of atrocities by the Burmese military. For those interested in taking action, see the U. S. Campaign for Burma.

| | |

Theisms, Creationisms, and Evolutionisms: An Exercise in Definition

The debate about labels is one of the most interesting aspects of the creation-evolution controversy to me, and at the same time one of the most frustrating. Since my primary training is in Biblical languages, and by my own efforts in linguistics, the way words are used simply fascinates me. There is plenty of influence…

Comments and Akismet

Akismet has grabbed a few comments again, largely on the Jena 6 issue. If anyone did comment and thought you had been censored, it was inadvertent. Check for your comment now. If it still does not appear, enter it again. I would appreciate a comment on this post letting me know when you commented and on…

Mychal Bell out on Bail

MSNBC.com reports that Mychal Bell has been released on bail. More importantly, the prosecutor is says he will no longer fight the ruling of the appeals court that requires Bell be tried as a juvenile. This is good news. Now a juvenile court needs to deal with this in an even-handed manner, but one that…