| | | |

On Prettying-Up the Bible (In Reply to @drbobcwcc and @RevKindle)

Does the Bible need some improvements, if not in content, at least in presentation? That’s one way to put the question addressed by Rev. Steve Kindle in a guest post on Dr. Bob Cornwall’s blog. I want to make some fairly picky comments on this post. As I do so, I want you to be…

Ice and Snow in Florida

I’ve experienced much worse (or better, if you like snow!) elsewhere, but this is a first in terms of winter storms here in Florida. I’m working inside until at least this afternoon when people should be done sliding around. It’s nice to have most of my work right in the house and the rest in…

Sleet!

Sleet!

Just stepped outside to encounter actual sleet. Yay Pensacola! You’ll probably need to click on the picture and see it full size. That’s how far one must go to see these things here in the sunny southland. This Canadian born lad was very excited to see such a thing way down here!

Better Have Something to Share

The following quote struck me in Bruce Epperly’s Adventurous Lectionary for the week: When we say, at our congregations, “come and see” to seekers, we better have something to share that will change lives, our own and others.  Jesus’ words call us to examine our ministries.  People are looking for meaning; they are looking for…

| | | |

Quote: Theology Moving from the Classroom

This is another quote from my editing work: James is a theologian, but his theology moves from the classroom and the study to the street corner and the soup kitchen.  James is a “practical theologian,” whose beliefs motivate his actions and whose actions transform his beliefs.  Theological reflection and worship find their fulfillment in faithful…