|

Escambia County Wins in Court

In an article titled Park could face extinction, the Pensacola News Journal says that Escambia County officials have closed Kent Hovind’s Dinosaur Adventure Land because of their failure to follow county ordinances. County commission chairman Mike Whitehead was justifiably unsympathetic.

The argument being used by Hovind and his ministry is one that is completely invalid, and is simply an attempt on their part to violate the law and cover it up with pious words. There is nothing holy about their behavior. It’s just plain ordinary lawbreaking and should be treated as such. Hovind is about to discover that “3Rulers are not a terror to good actions, but to bad. Do you want to be unafraid of authority? Do good, and you will have its approval. 4For it is God’s servant for good. But if you do wrong, be afraid! Because authority isn’t supported by the sword for nothing!” — Romans 13:3-4a [my translation].

Hat tip: The Panda’s Thumb: Dino Adventure Land Could Face Extinction. I’m embarassed I had to get this from somewhere else, consider I live in the county and have been following the story for some time. 🙂 But I still can’t refrain from comment.

Similar Posts