Kyle, indeed it sounds like Rick Warren was making a sales pitch. But then it sounds like that in Acts 2, 13 etc when Peter and Paul offer forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit. If you are determined to filter everything you see through the paradigm that this might be “a gospel presentation in the form of a blatant sales pitch”, then please be consistent in applying this to every preacher, ancient and modern, and not just to jump on bandwagon of criticising Rick Warren, who has become a convenient target because he dares to pray for Barack Obama.

I agree that Warren probably doesn’t have in mind genuinely having faith in Christ for a temporary period. Perhaps he is suggesting trusting Christ for healing and provision of one’s needs. I accept that the money back offer is a gimmick. I’m sure what he mainly has in mind is that people should spend 60 days exploring what it means to be a Christian, not just intellectually in terms of finding out what the faith means, but also experientially in terms of living for a period as if one were a Christian, alongside true Christians. What better way to evangelise can you think of?