It’s very easy to go astray with word studies when one doesn’t know the languages in question. Since I had a recent request for this material, I want to provide the links to my previous series (from early 2007) on word studies, dangers, and methods.
- Word Study Dangers: Overview
- Word Study Dangers: The Process
- Word Study Dangers: Glosses and Definitions
- Word Study Dangers: Your Dependence on Scholars
- From Word to Study
- A Simple and Legitimate Use for a Concordance Indexed to the Biblical Languages (This post is much later, but related)
I hope these posts are helpful to those who are trying to get a peak at the Biblical languages. Even better, set out to learn them!