Hello Henry,

First of all, I must commend you for your excellent article “Hebrews 2:5-9: Lower than the Angels,” very enlightening! In regards to “the KJV only” syndrome, it just doesn’t make any sense to me. Did Moses come down from the mountain carrying an English KJB bible in his hands? So why using the term “only” as if the KJV was personally written by the finger of God on stone tablets? Why trying to make it the indisputable authentic text, while at the same time, regarding everything else as being wrong? The AV is guilty of about 20000 errors (e.g., it includes wrong verbs, syntax, placement of commas, mistranlations, word-placement etc)! Its New Testament was largely based on the Beza manuscript (1589) that closely followed the one published by Erasmus between 1516-1535, which in turn was based on eight medieval manuscripts dated from the tenth century marred with errors! I personally use the AV. But anyone that knows “one or two things” about Greek and Hebrew will quickly realize that is a text that cannot be 100% trusted. Blessings!