I read KJV only because I trust it. I don’t know that it is the only reliable english version for finding the truth of God, but I do know that it is reliable, I have not tried others. Well, I have read the NIV which i don’t trust since it gives Satan the title reserved for Jesus, it calls Satan the morning star, when Jesus is known as the morning star. The KJV translates this verse to call him son of the morning which is not a title given to Jesus that I am aware of. I think it is blasphemy to give satan glory of jesus. At any rate, I trust the KJV and would trust the original greek if I could read greek. As for it, the KJV, being hard to understand, it isn’t. I feel that is a lie from Satan that sounds good enough to give people reason to mess around with the bible until there are some fake translations out there. If KJV worked for years, why change it? If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I would imagine that some of the standard based translations could be trusted, but I will not go out on a limb and say they are for I have not tried them, as david said. KJV works for me, and I can’t vouch for what I don’t know, but I do know that it is the inspired word of God just from reading it with certain keywords that relate passages for study. If these keywords are not standardly translated in other versions then the truth is hidden. I just think it is dangerous to mess with changing the word of God.