Some Eschatology Sources
| | |

Eschatology: Daniel 8

Some Eschatology SourcesTonight I’ll continue my study of eschatology by looking at Daniel 8. This is a fairly straightfoward chapter to interpret with a great deal of the interpretation provided right in the text. The most interesting element, I believe, is to look at its place in the structure of Daniel and how it impacts our understanding of other visions.

In addition, as a former Seventh-day Adventist I will look at the Adventist (not just SDA, but advent movement) interpretation of Daniel 8:14. The SDA view of this verse sheds light on a number of significant elements of hermeneutics. In fact, the doctrine of the investigative judgment, which eventually grew up out of the early interpretation of the verse is one of my key doctrinal disagreements with my former denomination.

As background for this discussion, let me recommend the following two essays by Dr. Edward W. H. Vick, who is also the author the the book Eschatology: A Participatory Study Guide, with which I began this series.

1. 1844 – 1: Between the Disappointments
  2. 1844 – 2: After the Disappointments

Here are the links for tonight’s discussion:

Google+ Event Page

YouTube:

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.