|

Inerrancy and Understanding

I’ve just added Understanding the Bible – With and Without Inerrancy to the Energion Publications YouTube channel.

I am the interviewer for this video, and am talking with two very good friends, Alden Thompson, who was my undergraduate advisor, and Elgin Hushbeck, Jr., a friend since the mid-1990s when we met on the old CompuServer Religion Forum. Both have since spoken at conferences which I’ve organized.

The purpose of this video was not to settle the issue of inerrancy, which is unlikely to occur, but instead to discuss how each of these scholars use their view of inspiration as they interpret scripture. One interesting result is that while the emphasis is different, much of what they’d say about scripture is very similar.

Neither would be accurately described as either liberal or progressive. This is a discussion between two conservatives, both of whom have a high view of scripture (they discuss what this means), regarding one potential dividing point.

Similar Posts

One Comment

1. Pingback: jevlir

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.