|

A Bible and Book Burning

Pastor Marc Grizzard of (oh the irony!) Amazing Grace Baptist Church (I’d link, but the web page at the only link I have is suspended) is planning a book burning. He believes the KJV is the only true Word of God for English speaking people, so he’s going to burn copies of all those “perversions.” But he’s also going to burn books by heretics such as Billy Graham, Rick Warren, and Mother Theresa.

I think I’m a much worse heretic than any of those guys, and in proof I present my YouTube video, Why I Hate the KJV:

1893729206mIn addition, I write about and commend all those “perversions” of the Bible in my own book, What’s in a Version? complete with the friendly slogan on the front: The best Bible version is the one you read. Alternatively, one might read my book Not Ashamed of the Gospel: Confessions of a Liberal Charismatic. Surely there is enough heresy (as defined by Marc Grizzard) in there to merit burning.

I’ll tell you what. I’ll even supply copies of the books. It’s probably too late to get them there for this Halloween, but it’s not too early to plan for next year.

And send me a video of my books going in the flames, of course.

Just noticed how old the story was. Oh well … it was fun anyhow!

Similar Posts

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.